Monday, April 23, 2012

Where Did the Time Go?

So where did Easter go?  I was thinking today that I haven't written in a while, so I looked that the last time.  It was eleven days ago.  I wrote about some of my thoughts and experiences during Easter.  Eleven days have past, and I have done little out of the normal.  I have played a little soccer here and there.  I have went to my classes.  I have completed my homework, which last week was a hectic week.  I had a lot of homework to accomplish.  There were several essay and projects due on the same days, so I was a little stressed, but lucky the Argentina culture played in my advantage.  That is to say, due dates all less strict.  This saturday we went out to a café to watch the River game, and then later we went to a movie,  well I elected to go home, since I was feeling sick.  I came down with the stomach flu.  I missed church Sunday, but I got to chat with my wonderful parents instead.  I am still recovering, but man do I feel better.

I forgot to say that I was illegal one day.  Friday before my temporary visa expired I went to immigration, but it was closed.  They told me that I could come back monday in the morning, so I did.  When I arrived I talked with someone, went to wait in line, waited an hour and half, only to get told that I was in the wrong line.  So I went to where I belonged and the process took twenty minutes.  I would of been done in twenty minutes, but instead the process took almost two hours.  However, I am not illegal now, which I suppose is the plus side.  Other then that one excursion.  I didn't really do anything those eleven days since Easter.

However, some of the most important things I have been doing have not involved places I have gone, nor people I have met, but literally who I am.  Two Sundays ago, the question "Who am I?" resonated in my mind.  The message did not have this theme, nor did any of the songs, but I found not get the question out of my mind.  As I began to ponder about it, I came to some difficult conclusions.

While I was able to say the truth about my identity in Christ, I did not live day to day with such an identity. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone.  I am a son, child, friend.  I am loved, perfect, holy, and cherished.  I am wanted, desired, fought for, and died for.  However day to day I lived by the opposite.  I am a failure, I am an error, I am unwanted, unloved, and undesired.  I have no value.  How did such lies become the roots and foundation of my identity.  Over the past several days I have found myself confronting the very essences of who I am.  I am learning of the strength I have in Christ, the power of prayer, and how to live on the edge of the Spirit.  I have surrendered things and in the same moment vowed to fight and uplift them.  I have removed things from my life only to replace them with the truth.  I am righting wrongs and repenting.

I am a child of God.  I am HOLY.  I am HIS.

So as I sit in a library, I hear the tapping of keyboards, a man in the corner that reads aloud every day, and the quiet rumblings of the streets outside.  I have written the last letter that may never be sent, and the pain no longer bears so heavy.  Instead the joy of honoring God has begun to uplift my spirit.  I have sat and ponder where my time in Argentina has went.  I have realized that for each one us here, we have all had different experiences.  In many cases we went to the same places, met the same people, but the story that God is writing in each one of our lives is uniquely different.  The small moments of his province, where we can see his face and his hands working are different for each one.

I know this blog was meant to be about what I am doing in Argentina, but I cannot help but write, what He is doing in Argentina as well.  I will say we do have plans to come.  A possible adventure in Uruguay.  Also there might be an Yguazu trip coming as well.  There is only nine weeks left in this show, which I can't believe, so stay tuned for the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment