Sunday, April 1, 2012

Entry #17

Thoughts leisurely stroll through my head as I sit in one of the small grey chairs that were placed neatly in rows waiting the entrance of the bride and groom.  A simple melody floats from a piano, which is accompanied by a sweet girl in a elegant purple dress.  Casually she elects each note, and strikes the keys with precision. As if I was constructing those sweet tones out of air, my hands mimic the touch of each key.  Restlessness can be felt in the air as the crowd begins to grow and seats are filled.  There is not a pause in the melody, which continues to stroll amongst the people.  From the back of the crowd, a man emerges, who is dressed in a formal black jacket and pants, which from the creases, I would suggest, have recently been pressed.  He walks to the small stage and greets the crowd through the microphone, urging the crowd to finally be seated.  Moments later with the crowd seated the bride and groom enter, walking slowly to the same soft melody.  With what strength he has, he helps his bride to the stage.  She has grown frail over the years.  The years they have spent working, raising their family, and glorifying God have not always been easy, and in their late years their bodies have begun to feel the wear.  This is not the first time they have been wed.  This is not the last time they will be wed.  Each day for fifty years, they have elected to wed each other.  Each day, while there may not have been a grand ceremony, they were bride and groom choosing to marry.

The golden wedding, which I attended last night was magnificent.  The story of how they were married, found Christ, and raised a marvelous family was wonderful.  The video of old photos with the interruptions from the bride and groom were both funny and lovely.  I fell in love with  with the violin and piano gracefully playing.  I could not help, but thing fifty years is a long time.  My heart began to stir as I thought of same opportunity and challenge, that one day, God willing, I will have.  

After cleaning up and leaving the church at one in the morning, Brittney, Andres, Krystal, Pablo, and Melody, and I went back to my house to play cards.  We played cards and games till five in the morning.  We decided to play Euchre and then a trivia game, which I am no unable to remember its name.  I happened to realized I cannot stand how the U.S. uses the U.S. Standard System.  Why on Earth do we have our own system?  I don't understand.  I am on this rant because the game had trivia questions about distances and area and depth, which obviously I failed at because I don't understand the systems.  

Then decided to go to Mc Donalds, but we did not eventually go to Mc Donalds.  Well we actually were standing in the drive-thru, but did not order anything.  This is actually kind of an interesting story.  We went to a Mc Donalds, that we thought was a 24 hours Mc Donalds, but it was a 24 hour drive thru, so we thought about taking a taxi through it or walking though it, but sadly we did not do either.  We decided to get a little something to eat and go to the river to watch the sun rise.  As we all sat cold, eating food that really was not that great, we marveled at the beauty and glory of God.  Melo pointed out that we are at the second dirtiest river in the world, and still somehow it was incredibly beautiful.  Thankfully Andres had is camera, because we took a ton of pictures.  Most were good, some were strange, and the rest were simply goofy.  It was a long night, but a good night.  As Andres said in Facebook, we have a new record.  "8 a.m."  Thankfully Monday is a holiday.  I may be able to rest a little then.  

1 comment:

  1. Hola Trenton!

    You're doing a great job keeping us up with your adventure! Miss seeing you at church and the GRC! See you in June!

    Your favorite school "nurse"

    Mrs. Carter

    ReplyDelete