So I have past the half way point of my trip. Still alive! It is strange thinking I am half way done, when this trip has felt so long. It seems that every day drags on. Not that I haven't had fun or haven't enjoyed myself, actually the contrary is true. I have probably enjoyed myself too much and had too much fun. I am kind of thankful that the trip has seemed slow. It has given me a good opportunity to relax, process, and learn. Hang in there mommy... I will be home before you know it!
So last monday was a vacation day, so I didn't have class. I took the day to rest and ended up going to a park to play fútbol. Actually I seem right now to have forgotten what I did Monday. Not sure if I was even alive that day. It may come back to me... Okay I had to draw a diagram of what I did for the week, but I figured it out. I didn't go to a park Monday. I went out with the Merinos (Brittney's family), Andrés, Tyler, and his family. We toured the city a little bit. Ate lunch, and afterwards I went to soccer practice. Which is a story in itself. The subway was not working, so I walked twenty-five minutes to the train station. My twenty-five minute trip from down town ended up taking fifty minutes, but I arrived although I was a little late.
I went to classes Tuesday. The classes were kind of boring, but afterwards I went to the house of Fernando. He had his birthday and we were invited to celebrate with him. He ate a delicious asado, which is like a cow-roast. Literally they cook about every part of the cow and then eat it. I enjoyed most almost all of it haha. I skipped my classes Wednesday, and then thursday morning we set off for a small town outside the city (San Pedro). We went camping for the night and hung out. Just enjoying each other's company, walking through the small city, eating, and drinking mate. It was a good time, and then we returned home the following day. Saturday I went to the park to knock the ball around and then once again I helped in the children's sunday school class. And back to school and soccer practice as normal this week.
Good times here in Argentina... there is more I am able to write, but for now I will leave it there.
Chau
No comments:
Post a Comment