Monday, May 7, 2012

Four Months and Four Things I Miss





Family
I miss my family.  Such and obvious and cliche thing to say, but I can’t help but include it in my list.  I miss my mommy.  I miss picking on her, when she is trying to be productive.  I miss coming home and finding her watching TV, which the first thing I would do is cuddle up next to her for a moment.  I miss having to scold her when she does things that I was going to do or that she should make me do.  I love my mommy.  I miss my father.  I miss those nights we would sit and discuss soccer until finally he would stop us because my mom would be getting frustrated.  I miss his strong embrace, that he gives me every few days.  I miss seeing him stand over a grill and cook.  I miss seeing is quiet strength that leads and guides our family ever steady and ever true.  I miss my brother.  He is crazy, which is something I love about him.  I miss his ingenuinity and the fact that he is always at the forfront of technology and science.  I miss the the times when we fight and argue, and our dad gets worked up and howlers at us, while we just laugh.  I miss him tremendously, and I will give him a huge hug maybe even a kiss, despite the fact he normally does not appreciate my touchiness.  I miss my family sitting in front of the fire, sharing a meal, or watching a soccer game.  I love my family, and while I have had my doubts if I was adopted or not, I would not change families for anything.  
Grace
Most of the Grace students are excited to leave school and go home for the summer or travel, but I am sitting here missing Grace.  I already know that I am insane, but seriously.  After you have been away for almost five months counting Christmas break you begin to miss the school, when not so much the buildings, but the people.  I miss professors, which I would randomly drop in to see how they are doing and talk about education.  I miss my team, whom I play with every week.  We have sweated, bled, and cried together.  They are like brothers to me.  I miss certain relationships.  Friendships with classmates that I have developed from spending hours studying, working on projects, or simplying chilling.  There are friends that I have had for years that go to Grace, some of the best friends I could ever have.  I miss having to go to chapel and being filled multiple times a week with the truth.  I miss the feeling of sitting in a classroom and being surrounded with Godly men and women who are persuing Christ.  Yes, I would say I miss Grace.
Church 
Community Grace, my church, is a place that I have not realized until leaving how much I missed it.  To be completely honest, I took my church for grantit before I left.  However, as I have spent time in the chruch body here in Argentina it has encouraged me to return and participate even more in Community Grace.  There are so many people that I hardly know in the church that are Godly men and women.  I want to know them better, I want to learn from them, I want to grow with them.  I realized the value of a church body.  I am consistently encouraged here by the Argentine church, and even by Community Grace.  I can truely say that I miss my church and can’t wait to return.  I am not talking about the gym or the old sancutary, but the body of believers that I have been apart from.  
Ceramics
Of late I have missed ceramics.  I have always loved art, but my greatest passion is ceramics.  I love sitting at the wheel and forming a small vase.  I love the feel as the clay spins and centering it.  The clay rests in harmony with the wheel.  There is something almost magical at the moment it finally centers.  After the work is finished, and the glaze has been applied.  There is an excitement as the kiln is opened and the it is seen in its finished form.  The colors have come to live and it shine from the melted silicon.  I have always enjoyed this process, but this year, there is a ceramics club at Grace, which I have missed out on, which only adds to my longing to sit a a wheel.  I have recently began drawling different designs and ideas.  I have designed a series of vases, teapots, and mugs.  I am beginning to fill a small leather notebook with the ideas, which I hope to make.  I miss this art form, which allows me to relax, vent, and be myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment