Friday, February 10, 2012

Feeling Like Life is Normal

Life is beginning to feel more normal here.  Routines are set.  The days seems to have a regular flow.  The life here seems to have lost some of the initial "wow" or pazas... (I don't know if that is what I meant to say, but I am going to leave it in).  I have school, soccer, and explore the city some during the week, and then during the weekend it is PARTY.  Well if you consider partying hanging out with people from the church till three in the morning.  Usually on the weeks all I do is chill with them.  Play the guitar, knock the ball around, or simply just talk.  It has been great getting to know these guys.  They are some of the best guys.

The yesterday I skipped class to travel to Word of Life, Argentina.  They have a beautiful campus there with beach volleyball, basketball, and soccer facilities, and even a pool.  I went with Brittney's family (Merino's).  We had a picked, played sports, and met people both from the United States and Argentina.  It was a great day.  However, the cherry was the message about witnessing and sharing our faith every day and demonstrating Christ's love.  As you can tell I understand the theme or general idea.  I still am not able to understand every word or sentence, but I am getting better.

I feel confident to try and hold a conversation about something.  Stories, events, and other concrete things are pretty easy to discuss.  It gets harder when I try to explain beliefs, feelings, and thoughts.  However, I see growth and I believe those around me see the growth to.  The best is when someone recognizes I am not from here, asks me where I am from (which makes it even better because they don't assume or believe I am from the United States), and then precede to compliment me on my language.  It only happens now and then, but it makes me feel pretty good when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment