Arcos 3988 is the address to where I am going to spend the next six months of my life. Located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, I will be speaking a language with the comprehension of a second grader, taking college courses in a city of 2.8 million people, living with a family I have never met, and likely speaks no english, and there is no going back! This begins the adventure of Arcos 3988.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Its getting hard
So I have been here not even a week and I don't think this head ache is going to go away. I have hit my first wall. The first few days were good, I learned a lot, I was loving the people, but now everything feels like a blur. I am always tired. I just feel completely drained. I have hit the first stage of culture shock, and I need to be careful what I do next. I can easily fall into a slump where I learn very little because I put too much time into tv, movies, Facebook, and other "American" things. Although that is all I want to do. I want to isolate myself right now. It is so frustrating when I know I can't. I don't know. This is the hard part of the trip. The adjustment. Keep praying I will need God. Thanks, I miss everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Todo lo que está pasando es parte "natural" del proceso (la "luna de miel" se terminó, ahora empieza la "inversión" en la relación)Trata de descansar por las noches para reponer energías.
ReplyDeleteHere is an excellent link with some suggestions:
http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/shock.htm
Praying for you bro.
el profe
Prayed for you today!
ReplyDeleteTrenton you are an amazing young man with a heart of gold. Do not worry, lay your burnens upon him and he will give you rest! Pick a day soon, maybe today and go to bed really early. Be still and allow him to speak into your soul, he will clear your head! I love you and will be praying for you everyday!
ReplyDelete