Saturday, January 7, 2012

Excursion of the owls!

So I just returned from my first excursion out on the town with the natives, that is other then my family.  Four members of the grupo de vida (en translation is the group of life from the church) went for ice cream at one thirty in the morning.  I thought of my dad saying nothing good happens after midnight, or my friends at Grace saying that babies are made after ten, but neither are true in Argentina!  We talked about life, about America, about Argentina, and a bunch of subjects that I was unable to comprehend, which is standard now.  I was surprised to that as I sat eating my ice cream I noticed that it was not the youth or the middle aged out during these late hours of the night, but it was everyone, but babies lol.  It was as if they were all night owls.
But the best part of the story is not that I got to my house at four forty-five in the morning, but when I arrived the door was locked.  Well that did not surprise me, and I have keys for the locks, but there is one lock that a key does not exist for, it is a lock that can only be opened from the inside, and guess what?  Yep that was locked!  As I sat in the stair case wondering, what I would be able to do, I decided to pray.  I prayed tried the lock again, but the same result happened.  I prayed again and prepared myself to sleep in the stair way, then suddenly Chiche, my quiet grandfather opened the door.  He looked at me and pointed to my room as if I had done something wrong.  In my ignorance I asked him how things were, in response he asked me if I was out.  Well what a silly question, of course I was out, but I understood his meaning.  Calmly I responded that I was with the grupo de vida.  He nodded and walk towards the bathroom, where a light was already on and he continued his business.  I have no idea why he was up, whether it was to prepare for work, or because he had to use the restroom, but he was a blessing and an answer to prayer.  
I also received more kisses tonight then I have in all of my life!  In Argentina though you kiss to greet and when leaving among friends, so soon my receiving kisses from girls will be normal... LOL

1 comment:

  1. Get used to staying out that late....it's the norm there! :) I don't think we ever had a Grupo de Vida that finished before 3:00am. Have fun adjusting your sleeping! :)
    Chris and Ronae

    ReplyDelete