I am quite anxious. The culture does not scary me, if anything I am excited to be in the culture with soccer, people, and family being the importance, while time and tasks are minimized. The people don't worry me either. Over the last two days I have chatted with my host mom and she seems wonderful. She seems fun and hilarious, which I expect nothing less from this family. So the people and the culture does not scary me, but the language does. I am afraid of failing, not understanding, and the level of difficulty that it will take to learn. I will have to grow, develop, and huddle the language barrier as it presents itself. It may seem insurmountable, but I know it can be done. Other have gone before me. I know it can be done. At least that is what I tell myself.
I will be spending my last night in the United States with family and friends, cherishing my last moments here. It is weird thinking I won't have my mother to cuddle with or pick on, or my dad to fight and wrestle with, or any of my friends and soccer mates to hang with. These are people that I have grown accustom to, people I expect in my life. Adjusting to a new family with a new church and new people will be hard. Especially since I do not care for uncontrolled change. Despite my anxiety and my fearfulness, I am incredibly excited to go. It will be a journey of a life time. One that I will never forget. A journey that will no doubt change and effect how I see the world, others, and even myself. I am excited, grateful, and eager for the trip. No going back now. COWABUNGA!!!
(This is not me, but I thought a good picture of how I feel; terrified, but wildly excited) ------------------------------------>

No comments:
Post a Comment