Friday, January 6, 2012

Just the Beginning

I am three days into my journey, I have talked to my mom for about thirty minutes, and I am starting just fine.  When I think about how and my family I get a little home sick, but it quickly fades with the bustle of life here.  I am going to meet someone, playing with Maxi (my three year old brother), or talking with Norma about something that I don't understand. LOL.

Today I went to meet an American girl who has married and Argentine and is now living in the city.  I don't think it is far fetched that I could be able to do it also, but most likely not.  I watched Maxi and another boy play in the pool, then I came home to Norma who demanded that I study.  I don't even have classes yet, all I have is an entrance exam, but I must study!  After I studied some, and took a nap (haha), I talked with Norma (my grandma).  I am falling in love with her.  I can't understand most of what she says, she talks way too fast, but she reminds me of my grandma.  She is sweet, loves me even though she does not know me and makes me laugh.  The part of our conversation that I understood was about me stopping my, in her words, "umah ahai, ahh, ummm, uhhhh."  She told me to calm down, think, and then speak.  It is pretty hard when she never stops talking, but the the advice is welcome.

Now it is time for small groups.  It will be interesting, but I am looking forward to it.  Eight more people to meet :)  Right now I am already thinking in Spanish and soon I will be able to understand and talk properly... Well hopefully.

Chao por Ahora

No comments:

Post a Comment