It has been awhile since I have written anything. I think that is partly because I don't know what to write. Life has not changed in Argentina, although I feel like I am changing. I have only a few weeks left now. My mom has began to ask what I want to eat when I get back. I have to say I love her. Every day she shows me her love by insuring I am provided for. My time has been consumed by homework. This is the time of major papers, presentations, and exams, which as a college student they are not my friends, especially when I am being asked to do them in Spanish. I guess that is the life you ask for when you go to a Spanish speaking country, live with a Spanish speaking family, and take classes in Spanish. The homework has left little time for much else.
I have enjoyed the injection of new life here. We received five new students a couple weeks back. They have been great to get to knew, pass time talking, and really have been an encouragement and a blessing. I am thankful they will have the same opportunity that was granted to me. It has been such a good time, filled with great memories, great friends, and great lessons. I wonder what people will say when they see me. My hair is shorter, probably for the best, but besides that what has changed. I refuse to believe that after six months in a foreign culture, I have not changed. I am looking forward to seeing how God answers that question.
Speaking of God answering questions... No means no... A lesson that I still cannot fully grasp. No. When he says, "no," I want to throw a fit. Kind of like my three year old brother here in Argentina. He throws some of the best fits. I feel like it should be shown in the summer Olympics as a competitive sport, but what do I know. These fits of a twenty-one year old consist of many different things, some of which include trying to spite God, which really is not only foolish, but completely absurd. God wants what is best for us and everything He does is to transform us into someone more Godly, so why are we throwing a fit? We still are learning the lessons of a child that our way is not always the right way.
I am racking my mind for a story to tell... something interesting that has happened lately in Argentina. However, it is really difficult to think of something. I mean my super exciting trips to the supermarket, or the movies we have gone to see, or my excursions to someones house really do feel worthy of being told. There was a time it felt like every three of four days I was in a movie theater. Oh... which lead me to a point... there are movie theaters here, where you can buy ice to eat while watching the movie! There is nothing better then that at least for me.
Sorry for the random babbling, but I wanted to share at least a little of what is tumbling around inside my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment